5G is the fifth generation of cellular networks. Up to 100 times faster than 4G, 5G is creating never-before-seen opportunities for people and businesses.
Faster connectivity speeds, ultra-low latency and greater bandwidth is advancing societies, transforming industries and dramatically enhancing day-to-day experiences. Services that we used to see as futuristic, such as e-health, connected vehicles and traffic systems and advanced mobile cloud gaming have arrived.
With 5G technology, we can help create a smarter, safer and more sustainable future.
What makes 5G different?
5G runs on the same radio frequencies that are currently being used for your smartphone, on Wi-Fi networks and in satellite communications, but it enables technology to go a lot further.
Beyond being able to download a full-length HD movie to your phone in seconds (even from a crowded stadium), 5G is really about connecting things everywhere – reliably, without lag – so people can measure, understand and manage things in real time.
This has enormous potential – and together, we will take it to the next level.
Are you curious to know more about the technology and what it means to you? Follow us on an in-depth journey, explaining the differences between 5G & 4G.
Things have changed a lot since the first generation of mobile technology.
- The 1G era was defined by briefcase-sized phones and short conversations between a relatively small number of professional people.
- In the lead up to 2G, the demand for mobile services grew and never slowed down.
- Phones that could fit in your pocket, SMS and mobile internet access were hallmarks of the 3G world.
- Thanks to 4G, we have smartphones, app stores and YouTube.
- Now, 5G is completely reshaping both our professional and personal lives by enabling new use cases like connective vehicles, Augmented Reality and enhanced video and gaming.
Read on to learn what 5G is and what it can help achieve.
What is 5G capable of?
5G will do much more than significantly improve your network connection. It provides new opportunities, enabling us to deliver groundbreaking solutions that reach across society.
Imagine billions of connected devices gathering and sharing information in real time to reduce road accidents; or life-saving applications that can take flight thanks to lag-free guaranteed connections; or production lines so predictive they can prevent interruptions well before they occur.
There’s no need to imagine. We are making it happen.