SEO vs SMO – Which Requires More Attention In Your Online Business?
In digital marketing, what according to you is more important – SEO or SMO? Both SEO or Search Engine Optimization and SMO or Social Media Optimization plays a dramatic role in online marketing. It is wrong to say that choosing any one of them will pamper your business and drive you to the vicinity of success.
Despite having good knowledge about SEO and SMO, many marketers prefer to invest either in SEO or SMO. According to them, investing in both is cost-consuming and time-consuming.
Whoa! Are you having the same thought?
Instead of deciding whether you should choose the best SEO services in Delhi or a reputed SMO company, read the article and have a great take away.
SEO vs SMO – Find their individual benefits!
Benefits of SEO in online business
- Generates high quality leads: SEO is a great source of generating quality leads for a website. If you consider the lead generation strategies, you will encounter SEO prominent at the top.
SEO tactics that include optimizing homepage, claiming listings, building blogs, guest blogging, improving backlinks, etc. are all responsible for generating a huge stream of healthy leads.
This is the most substantial requirement for an online business. There is no meaning of avoiding this.
- Ensures mobile-friendly features of your website: Google’s latest announcement states that the websites having mobile-friendly features will be ranked higher on search engines. Since SEO helps in boosting the website rankings and bringing the site on the top of SERPs, it takes no time for the users to understand that the website is mobile-friendly.
Websites configured with the mobile-friendly feature, easy-to-navigate interface results in better user experience. This leads to more clicks, more leads, more brand recognition, and finally higher conversion rates. We will come to this in our next point.
- Creates high conversion rates: As briefly said in the previous point, SEO is responsible for generating high conversion rates. With SEO, sites find it easier to appear on the top of every search engine result page. This increases the chance of more users to click the link and visit the website once.
The recent research says that the links appearing on the top 3 of SERPs are more likely to be clicked by the online searchers as they find them more reliable. Hence, the chance of making purchases from these sites becomes higher, increasing the conversion rates of the business.
- Builds business credibility and online visibility: SEO improves business credibility by making the brand more visible on search engines. This helps to create a great fan base for a business, securing its position in the digital marketplace.
Benefits of SMO in online business
- Builds high customer engagement: SMO is responsible for building high customer engagement for a business. Using Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and other social channels, you can promote your brand and your products across a wide audience.
Social media content like videos and images are very popular nowadays. Brands are using social media to share their stories and promote their products or services. Statistics show that the trending live videos and featured stories are attracting more visitors to the site, resulting in huge traffic for the website.
- Increases digital presence and brand recognition: SMO is mainly used to create a strong digital presence across a wide group of audiences. Social media is the only way to reach out to a long chain of the audience and make more connections in no time.
By sharing posts with proper hashtags and following the trending social media marketing strategies, a business can easily draw the attention of a huge audience. It really takes no time to generate more followers and subscribers.
- Builds connectivity: Social media is considered as the most powerful communicating channel over the web. As said in the previous point, social channels allow brands to communicate with the customers and establish a strong relationship with them. Be it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or any other social channel, you can choose these channels to make multiple connections for your brand.
- Keeps your prospects educated: Social media gives you the option to educate your prospects. You can use social channels to share your content, media files, infographics, and other creative content with the audience. Be it is a promotional message or a message to educate the reader, social media works finely. With SMO strategy, you can carry out the entire process with ease.
SEO and SMO are two different marketing strategies used for different marketing purposes. If one is used to attaining high rankings and online visibility, the other one is used for establishing connections and brand presence online. Therefore, both strategies require equal attention if you are dreaming of a better marketing future.
Look for a reputed SEO and SMO company in Delhi or any other place near you and appreciate your decision.
Remember, the better decision you take, the better will be your marketing future ahead.