Manali is one of the small beautiful towns of Himachal Pradesh. It is surrounded by lush green forests of Deodar, Oak trees, and Pir Panjal Peaks makes it serene. It is the most favored destination among all kinds of travelers. It is the perfect destination for a honeymoon, group tour, family trip and trip with friends. Here you can enjoy luxury as well as adventure tourism. There are more than 10+ trek routes that go from there which are full of thrill and feast for adventure souls.
One of the most beautiful treks near Manali is Kheerganga trek in Kullu Valley. Kullu is the nearest region of Manali. The Kullu district is known for its Dussehra festival and for its serene Parvati Valley. Kheerganga is a beautiful destination Parvati Valley. To reach Kheerganga first you have to reach Bhuntar which is also situated in the Kullu region. Then from there, you will pass through kasol, Manilkara, and Barshaini.
The actual trek route starts from the Barshaini. It is a small and only town before Kheerganga. The distance between Barshaini and Kheerganga is 13 km. Throughout the route you will experience alpine meadows, Deodar trees and various species of Himalayan plants. The main attraction of Kheerganga is a natural hot water pool, which heals your body and soul at the same time. As you dip in the pool you will forget all your stress and feel a new version of you in yourself. This place is beautiful in the day as well as at night also. At the starting of the day, you will experience an amazing sunrise and picturesque views of forests and snow-capped mountains and during the night you will have the best stargazing of your lifetime with camping.
Day 1: Arrival at Kasol
Day 2: Kasol- Manikaran- Barshaii- Kheerganga
Day 3: Kheerganga- Kasol
Day 4: Departure from Kasol
How to Reach
Kasol is connected by roads to all major cities via Delhi. So as Delhi is the center point of India there are several options available to reach Kasol. Kasol is 517 Km far away from Delhi and if we measure the distance by the time it will take 12 hrs to reach Kasol from Delhi. There are various government and private buses available apart from it you can hire a private tourist cab or tempo traveler. The cheap option is boarding on the bus.
The nearest and most convenient railway station is Chandigarh. The Chandigarh railway station is connected by other major stations through a strong rail network. From there you can reserve your seat in government/private bus or hire a tourist vehicle/cab/taxi/ tempo traveler to reach Kasol. Prices depend upon the service provider and accordingly type of vehicle.
Bhuntar Airport is the only airport in that area. It is connected by all major airports via Delhi. There are flights on a regular basis from Delhi. The distance between Kasol is 30 km away from Bhuntar so it will take one to one and a half hours to reach Kasol from Airport.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Kheerganga is from April to June and then September to the first week of December. During winters there is also trekking activity commence but if the trek is covered with a heavy sheet of snow then trek remains closed. During monsoon season, this area receives heavy rain and there may be chances of land sliding and rainstorms so it is not suggested for trekking on this route.
- Keep your surroundings clean by not throwing garbage abruptly.
- Dispose of the garbage at the proper disposal facility, Do not leave it anywhere.
- Do not get involved in any activity that is against forest law. If anybody found indulged then there will be legal action against him or her.
- Try to avoid the activities which harm the ecosystem.
- Do not make fun of the local people and their culture. It is just like an exchange of respect.
- Local people are emotionally connected with local deities so respect their feelings.
- The person suffering from chronic disease or other diseases like Asthma, Bronchitis are not recommended on this trip.
- Consult your doctor before you undertake this adventure.
- Avoid the use of plastic.
- Do not carry expensive gadgets and expensive jewelry.
- Consumption of Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs and other toxic substances is not advisable.
- Carry all necessary identity proofs like voter id, license, tickets, adhaar card, tickets, passport size photo, etc.
This is all about Kheerganga trekking. One thing we should all follow during the trips that we have to show some responsible behavior towards the environment. It is the give and take relationship. If we care about nature then it will care more than about us.
“Stay Blessed, Keep Trekking”