Coronavirus precaution: ten ways to assure you do not catch this dangerous disease
As of now, no vaccination has been formulated for the dangerous (COVID-19) novel coronavirus. In light of this fact, prevention methods only appears to be the best cure available so far. With coronavirus (COVID-19) threatening to run riot in India, here is how you can keep yourself safe from the scourge.
Here are the preventive measures you need to take to keep yourself safe from the novel coronavirus virus:
- Try to avoid the close contact with the people who are sick. Maintain atleast three to four feet distance between yourself and anyone who is sneezing or coughing.
- If soap and water are not easily available, use a good quality alcohol-based hand sanitiser with at least 60 to 70 percentage of alcohol.
- Always wash your hand with a soap and clean water properly whenever your hands looks dirty.
- If you are suffering with a fever, cough and feeling difficulty in breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
- Keep in mind the travel guidelines and advisory set out by the ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Try to avoid frequently touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a clean handkerchief or tissue, then dispose of the tissue safely.
- Clean and disinfect habitually-touched objects and surfaces using a good quality household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and clean water properly, especially after going to the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Wearing a face mask is not necessary unless you are taking care of a person infected with novel coronavirus. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) does recommend that only novel coronavirus infected people wear masks to prevent the spread of this dangerous virus.